Don’t Let Worry Kill Your Giggle
- Do you get wrapped up in worry, fear and anger?
- Find yourself wanting to scream, yell and throw things (plates, glasses or alarm clocks)?
- Do you feel like your emotional world is bitch-slapping you in the face and upside your head?
- Has stress threatened to kill your giggle?
Don’t fret. You are not alone (I answered YES to each question). There is a remedy for a your situation.
The prescription that works for me is one part nature, one part exercise and one part laughter.
Oh-vey, the pressure!
My friend “J” sweetly yet forcefully chastised me for neglecting my blog these past few weeks. She said, “What the hell is up with no new post since the 19th of June?”
When I started this web site a year ago, I had no clue what I was getting myself into. I dove into the sea of possibility and didn’t bother to check the depth or the water temperature. I gotta be honest. Creating, running and managing a web site is a lot more work than I anticipated. Do I have enough creativity, energy and zest to keep going? Only time will tell.
On the advice of my dear blogger friend, Svasti, I decided to take a break from my blog for a few weeks for mental health reasons. Svasti contacted me after reading Marijuana Pranayama and a subsequent depressing comment I left on her site.
I worry about my housing situation, the ups and downs of my love life, the economy, my business, world affairs (damn you North Korea), keeping up with my own blog, commitments I made for fund-raising and charity work and my inability to locate a purple whoopee cushion. If anyone sees a purple whoopee cushion, PLEASE alert me right away. *giggle*
Knowing I was at risk for a mental meltdown of major proportions (say that 3 times fast), I took a few steps back from the self-imposed pressure I’ve been placing on myself. I went underground (means: away from the computer, my web site and email) to save my sanity and resuscitate my giggle. It worked.
DeFrag Yourself and Press the RESTART button
I walked away from my computer and have been spending as much time outdoors as possible. Fresh air does me a world of good and helps me press my personal mental RESTART button. Actually, being outside is more like defragging my mental hard drive. Once defrag and the emotional anti-virus test is complete, I then RESTART and flow back into the Giggle. It magic. Pure magic.
If you find yourself in a sea of stress (or just step your foot in a puddle of trouble) go outside, breath some fresh air, take a long walk, paddle in your kayak, play golf and use every opportunity to find relief in the Ha Ha Ha’s and Ho Ho Ho’s of laughter.
- Laughter Yoga or a Laughter Club (I am a week away from announcing the location for my FREE Laughter Club. Stay tuned)
- Create your own Tips to Have Fun list. Only YOU know what you like. Only you know what makes you laugh and only you can prevent forest fires. *laughing*
- A dose of the Harmonica Dog or Yoga Breathing with a Whoopie Cushion
- Watch Your Favorite Comedy Movie
Best wishes to everyone for a wonderful weekend and special thanks to Svasti for being a great friend. Hugs from Delaware to Australia!