Giggle On Guru leads Giggle In
A group of my friends Giggled On inside my house last week during my debut Laughter Yoga Demo (say that 5 times fast).
Man oh man, what a hoot we had!
The group of fledgling laughter practitioners were told to expect a class filled with deep breathing, clapping, chanting, childlike playfulness, stretching, laughter exercises and eye contact. With an open mind and a willingness to laugh, the contagious joys of Laughter Yoga are yours for the taking. These babes (can I call you that?) took no prisoners.
Va-Jay-Jay channels Forrest Gump
My friend (affectionately called “Va-Jay-Jay”) kept calling my demo a “Giggle In”. She’d hit me up on Crackbook Facebook with comments about the “Giggle In”. She left “Giggle In” messages on my voice mail and sent me “Giggle In” e-mails (I thought about blocking her messages as Spam). In the week preceding the event she would alert anyone in ear shot: we’re having a “Giggle In with Giggle On’s Guru“. She Forrest Gumpted me with repeats. Miss Va-Jay-Jay is one of my biggest fans so I let the Gumpish behavior slide.
As my pals learned, once you “catch” the laughter, it’s hard to stop. It easily spreads from person to person. In many instances the laughter begins as a larvae Giggle Bug and with generous amounts of oxygen and an open mind it grows into Full Blown Laughter, otherwise known as FBL.
If you succumb to FBL it is possible to wet your pants. Please be advised and take undergarment precaution as to avoid embarrassing yourself in a public place.
Thankfully there was no wetting of pants at my house. Had there been an actual pants wetting*, I would have taken photos AND asked for a written testimonial from the wetter. A Giggle Coach knows he/she has provided quality laughter facilitation service when a participant is moved to lose bladder control. Can I get a Woot!?
Note: No underwear was actually damaged during this Laughter Yoga session. Giggle On assumes no responsibility for your dry cleaning bills. People with serious incontinence issues should 1) check with their physician before a laughter yoga class and 2) wear Depends. Nuff said.
Highlights of my Laughter Yoga debut:
- Maria’s creation of a new exercise called Brazilian Bikini Wax Laughter (outlined below)
- Bubble Pranayama with clown nose
- Va-Jay-Jay’s laugh
- Connie’s Maniacal Laughter
- Jen’s testimonial
- The Giggle Meditation
- Namaste redefined (instead of explaining the definition as the light or Buddha in me honors and recognizes the light and Buddha – yadda yadda yadda- in you, I told the class my version of Namaste means: The fabulicious groovy giggle babe in me says “YO” to the rockin’ awesome strong Giggle On supporting laughter yoginis called YOU!)
Brazilian Bikini Wax Laughter
I just called my good friend Maria to ask her to show you how to properly perform Brazilian Bikini Wax Laughter on video. I am not sure if she’s willing to YouTube herself doing Brazilian Bikini Wax Laughter due to the somewhat exposing nature of the pose (we were fully clothed during the class people so get your minds out of the gutter).
Since Maria created the exercise (and she is thinner than me and will look much better on camera with the full body view), she should teach it on camera. I am still waiting for her call…
For those of you who just can’t wait for me to create an instructional Brazilian Bikini Wax Laughter video, I complied the instructions for you from my memory bank of laughter:
- Stand up straight or lay down flat on the floor (belly up).
- Pretend to apply hot wax to your bikini area, don’t forget the Brazilian area bits
- Reach for your imaginary wax removal strip
- Apply imaginary wax removal strip to your nether region
- Rip off strip quickly (preferably with a sado-masochist expression on your face)
- Instead of pretending to scream at the insane pain and torture of hair removal, let out a loud and extended maniacal laugh
- Wash, Rinse, Repeat for 45 seconds to a minute with continual laughing (remember, don’t strain, let it flow naturally)
- Swim in the sea of endorphins your body creates. Enjoy!
One Less Laughter Yoga Skeptic
Aside from Brazilian Bikini Wax Laughter, my friend Jen’s testimonial about the effectiveness of Laughter Yoga as a pain reliever was a most welcome ending to the session. I think it’s safe to say, there is one less Laughter Yoga skeptic in the world today. Ha ha!
Unbeknownst to me, Jen arrived at my casa with a killer headache – the kind of mind wrenching excruciating pain that pressed on your skull and makes you want to throw up. For the first 10-15 minutes of class I would categorize Jen’s look like this: 3 parts squashed eyebrows, 2 parts nausea and 5 parts skepticism about Laughter Yoga. She kept looking at me like I was crazy. The “what the hell is this” look behind her eyes didn’t escape my attention. I knew she would succumb to the power of laughter.
At the end of the class Jen told me the migraine headache she walked in my house with almost vanished. She walked out of my house happier, relaxed and virtually pain free. Ah, the power of endorphins! Giggle On!
Any questions? Just hollar back at your Giggle Coach. I AM a hollar back girl. I AM a hollar back girl.*laughing*