This impromptu photo was taken last night with my Droid. I didn’t stage this with the intent of sharing it on my site (odd, I know). I decided to play the “post your holiday decorations” game over at Twitter.
This is Christmas 2010 – Giggle On Style
*insert angelic music*
From far left we’ve got:
- Santa (from the Rudolph movie);
- Cutesy baby Rudolph;
- A wise man (he prefers “very” wise man but the other two get really jealous when I call him that);
- Dashboard Buddha;
- The tall one in the back there is Baby Jesus of Praque (otherwise lovingly referred to as Chambord Jesus);
- Next up we’ve got the other two wise men (always overshadowed by the first wise man. Isn’t that how it always works?);
- A red present filled with laughter (seriously, it’s an empty box with a bell in it. Every time I move it around I think an angel is getting it’s wings);
- One Misfit Jack-in-the-Box toy;
- And finally, the candles represent 2 of my friends who have passed on.
Yup, these are my main decorations this year, and of course, I also have a wreath.
I don’t “do” trees (Yes, I think it’s sad to cut down the live ones and dress them up – and let’s face it, the plastic ones just suck). At least with the wreath I feel like I’m recycling. Going green at Christmas is good!
Here’s some cool green loot I bought at the Big Green Earth Store in Philly last weekend.
The read and pink bags are made out of recycled juice boxes (I love them) and the Rock- It is a portable vibration speaker system takes music from your device and generates it into vibration sequences. Another VERY cool item. I’m giving this to one of my nephews.
[Note: The pink bag is NOT for me. It's a gift. As you know, I HATE pink!]
I do plan to display my entire plastic Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer set but I’m saving that giggly fun for this weekend.
Ho Ho Ho Ya’ll!
You’ll notice Chambord Jesus and I were separated at birth. The resemblance is striking! LOL